On the 7th and 8th of September 2019, Showmasters Film & Comic Con will be coming to Cardiff!
Cardiff FCC is relatively small compared to the huge cons in London and Manchester. There aren’t as many celebrities or zones, but it’s still good fun and a great experience.
Cardiff FCC has a few zones including: gaming; cosplay; artists and vendors. The zones are similar to bigger cons, just scaled down slightly, which for some people is ideal. It is not as packed full of people as the bigger venues either, however it does get very busy at times, especially after the 11am opening time where everyone can come in (9am opening is for early bird tickets only).
The most important thing about this con is that we are there!!! Turnip Starfish will be returning to Cardiff Film & Comic Con this September. Come and visit, have a chat whether it’s about drawing, anime, animation or anything! You’ll never have seen a stand like it… except if you saw us in March…and October last year… Anyway, we have the coolest stand and the coolest people! Move over celebs, Nick and Lexy are here!
For those of you who have never been to a Comic Con before here are a few tips on how to survive:
• Don’t forget your ticket!
• Pick a meeting place. Comic Cons can get really busy so it’s a good idea to choose a spot to meet up in case you get separated from friends or family. Arrange a time to meet up at the end of the day, this is especially important if one of your group likes to run off on their own frequently.
• Make sure you have money with you and store it in a safe place. A lot of the stands now take card payments, but if you want to buy from independent artists you might need some cash.
• Pack food and water. There will be food available at Comic Con, however it will likely be expensive. Packing yourself a good lunch is essential if you want to make the most of your money.
• Take your phone charger with you. You’re probably going to want to take a lot of pictures whether its celebrities, cosplayers or items.
• Cosplay. Cosplay is great, but remember you are going to be stuck in your outfit all day, so make sure it is comfortable and functional – we all need the toilet at some point! For those who don’t want to cosplay be respectful of those that do. Often a lot of time and effort goes into making outfits and we don’t want them getting wrecked. If you ask a cosplayer for pictures with them, they will more than likely say yes, but it’s always polite to ask.
• Celebrities cost money. As exciting as it is to meet a star, if you want to meet one face to face, be prepared to pay and wait. You may have to queue for a while to meet a super popular celebrity, so expect to wait in line.
Turnip Starfish hope to see you in September! Don’t forget to say Hi and have fun! That’s what it’s all about!
For more information visit: www.filmandcomicconcardiff.com